It was 1872 when the Rev. George Musgrave, past vicar of Borden, had the East window constructed and installed. It also happens to be the date of his first wife’s death, Charlotte Emily (nee Oaks), and it is thought that the window was a memorial to her.
Here are some representations of the East window from old postcards.
The coloured image is the East window from a photo collage provided by Canterbury Archives.